Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Usch..

Well, first day of class was a bust. Remember that rumor I was telling you about regarding classes? Yeah, that was shot down. Big time. Class ends in four weeks, and I have to read a 736 page book by the end to prepare for the exam. 736 pages. And two ten-page group papers. And I don't even have the book yet. I'm screwed. And, I start two more classes next week. Right now, working at DQ for the rest of my life sounds appetizing.

Yesterday, Madison, Tommy, Rachel, and I joined a gym. It's intense. No, not really, but it is really nice, and they offer different classes. I want to try the Bodycombat, which is described as follows: empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. Who wouldn't want to try that?! I think there's a class today, so after I do some laundry and get started on one of the papers, we are going to hit that class up.

Made spaghetti last night and threw in some köttbullar (Swedish meatballs). They don't have pre-cut parmesan cheese here, so I had to buy a large chunk and slice it myself. It was fantastic. I think today will be hot dogs for lunch, and a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner. Luckily for me, I have Madison and Tommy to help me out with food choices and how to prepare them; otherwise it would be ramen everyday.

I accidentally slept in this morning until 11:15. My bad. I guess the gym wore me out more than I thought. I think Stallarna (yet another pub on campus) opens today, but I'm not sure if I will go. I really need to start on this paper. The stress is already beginning to rise. Luckily, I've seen most of the information before last semester, so I hope it won't be too bad. But who knows? I wish I could take the class the way Swedes do: Pass, Pass With Distinction (80% or higher), or Fail. But no, I'm stuck taking A-F. Universities in USA suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment