Friday, August 21, 2009

A Little Packing, A Little Procrastination

It's Friday. That means I have three days until I leave. And I am proud to say that I have finally begun packing. And, within the first ten minutes, I've decided it's time to take a hard-earned break. I have a feeling that I'm going to highly regret procrastinating packing Monday night, but I'll leave that for later.

As a side note, I just want to let everyone know an important, important fact I discovered when it comes to packing: do not use Space Bags for traveling. I learned this the hard way (which included over-heating my mother's Oreck vacuum cleaner on more than one occasion... my bad.) They're great for home storage, but not for travel. See, when the vacuum sucks up all the air, the entire package becomes hard and unable to be folded, smooshed, etc. So if it doesn't fit in the suitcase, you're out of luck. Which was my case with bedding. Shoot. So be forewarned--Space Bags=not a wise travel companion.

On a different note, the family came over last night for one last big get-together before everyone heads back to school/other countries. Mom bought us Papa Murphy pizzas, dessert bread, garlic bread, and Lane made and brought brownies. Everything was delicious. I was glad the family got together one last time; I'm finding its hard to do this as everyone gets older and moves on with their lives. Did that sound sappy? I hope not.

So here I am, on a Friday night, watching television by myself. Why's that, you ask? Because my parents decided that they would much rather spend my last weekend here in the states camping with family friends than spend it with their son, whom they won't be seeing for 4 months. Am I bitter? No. But I am a little stressed--Kay has always been the packer in the family, not me. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing/bringing. I guess I have an excuse not to begin packing (again..) until they return.

That's about it for now. Not much else to do but sit around and watch tv. Saw GI Joe last night with Trent. Acting was terrible, but the action was awesome. Glad I saw it before I left. Was planning on seeing District 9, but am honestly too lazy and cheap to drive 45 miles away in a gas-guzzling pickup truck to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment